dear mom

dear mom, stop sending me sweet foods because i don't like it.

dear mom, stop bragging about me because i'm not that good in school.

dear mom, stop comparing my brother to me because it hurts his feelings.

and it hurts me as well.

please, i beg you, stop.

you have lived for half a century (and i do hope you'll live for another half), and dedicating past decades for being a wife and a mother.

i couldn't say you're bad at being a mother neither good at it. but the job itself is a great, hard, difficult task. and not everyone can manage it, but you can.

it is not 'wash the dishes and the clothes, sweep the floor, clean the house, do the chores, while still do professional job' kind of hard. but it's 'deal with stubborn, depressed, extremely anxious daughter and hyperactive, dyslexia, hot-headed son whose both have social issues' kind of hard.

your husband, my dad, is not an easy person to deal with too. he is presumptuous, loud, and like to tease everyone a lot. (god, it must be tiring to be with him the rest of your life)

but dear mom, please let yourself rest.

please tell me if i'm being rude.

please slap my brother if he keep doing what you tell him not to do.

please warn my father if he is too loud.

don't you dare to feel left out, not allowing yourself to express your feelings, and afraid to complain.

because dear mom, you matter more than you think you are.

that is because you just being you. i accept you being you. my father accept you being you. my brother accept you being you. we accept you as you are.

and i'm sure i speak for them as well when i say :

we will never let you down and we have a lifetime ahead to prove that.

have a wonderful 50s. 60s. 70s. and so on and so on.

sincerely,
miryami. (you're the one who named me this.)

Comments

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

frasa dan lensa

home